The Center for Pharmaceutical Resources - CPRx is the health care organization that provides physicians and patients with specialized medications and treatment plans. Our associated compounding laboratories are committed to providing you with personalized and specific medications that have the highest quality standards.
You may set up a physician/patient personalized consultation today. These consultations allow our compounding pharmacists to collaborate with your health care provider to customize your medication needs and your treatment objectives.
You may find help for diseases or issues with
a. chronic fatigue
b. hormone replacement
c. anti-aging or aesthetics
d. mental health disorders
e. pain management
f. veterinary medicine
g. functional or regenerative medicine.
h. Detoxification, and many health care areas
What is Compounding?
Compounding medications utilizes the most up-to-date medication technology and combines the knowledge of certified and trained pharmacists and technicians in order to prepare customized medications. These unique and special preparations meet the specific needs of your physician and your specific need for your medication. Pharmacy as a science and an art, has utilized compounding as the original way to prepare medications required to meet the needs of the patient. Now more than ever, physician, health care providers and patient require the compounding pharmacist to prepare a medication that is not limited by strength or in formulation. Otherwise, the patient must depend on a manufacturer to provide the commercially available medication. Manufacturers of medications must utilize wholesalers to provide the bulk of these medications to retail pharmacies. Compounded medications may be used by Primary Care Physicians and Specialty Care Physicians that may have their own on-site dispensary.
However, in the beginning, and now in the present, the patient may now have a medication specifically prepared, thus meeting any specific need of your physician and of the most important part of the equation, the patient.
Our compounding health care professionals can prepare the following:
- Specific and unique dosages of medications containing the best formulation for any medication for each individual.
- Medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as lozenges, transdermal patches, troches, food preparations, and lollipops.
- Medications free of problem-causing components such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- Combinations of various medications into a single form for easier administration and which promotes compliance.
- Medications that are not commercially available.
- Medications for pain such as BUTRO® (Buprenorphine HCL) that are in clinical trials.
It is important to understand that a quality-compounded medication significantly improves your therapeutic outcome.
Why choose the Center for Pharmaceutical Resources - CPRx:
1. The efficacy of any formulation is directly related to its preparation.
2. The variables in respect to the equipment, the quality of chemicals, and experience are essential. The ability to develop a unique preparation brings together the compounding pharmacist, who then considers the physical and chemical properties of the active ingredient and excipients, solubility, tonicity, viscosity, and the most appropriate dosage form or device for administering the needed medication. All procedures are time tested and pass stringent rules and regulations. The governing agencies that evaluate a compounding pharmacy far exceed those involved with your average retail pharmacy. There are procedures, stability standards and testing of the potency and sterility that must be in place.
Our associated compounding health care professionals can formulate your medications as oral and nasal sprays, lollipops, sublingual drops or lozenges, rectal products and suppositories and any other customized dosage or formulation.
Please contact us to discuss your patients’ needs. Allow us to select the compounding pharmacy and to create the medication unique and specific to your needs and requirements.